Over the next days I’ll be sharing news about announcements we made at the conference (CIDC 2019).
As the title suggest we are introducing a new, and totally free, Clarion Community Edition. Here are the details:
- It’s not a Trial version (it never expires)
- Database Drivers:
- SQLite, Dos, Ascii, Basic
- Templates: Both ABC and Clarion chains
- The only limitations are:
- No ability to add any additional database drivers
- No ability to register any additional Templates
This is a great opportunity for members of the Clarion community to get fellow developers who are using other tools to try out Clarion. If every Clarion dev could get ONE new developer to get a copy, we can double the size of the community! Also, if you are a Clarion developer who is using an older version of Clarion this is your opportunity to see what you’ve been missing out on.
We’ll also be making a free training course available on one of the online learning platforms. The course will be designed to teach the essentials of Clarion; both the IDE (Data Dictionary, AppGen, using embeds, and much more.) as well as the language itself.
We expect to release the new edition late October, or early November.